When you are making travel arrangements, you need to coordinate many different things. You need to plan a detailed itinerary, book flights, and hotel reservations. Also, you need to be sure that you have the right transportation for your trip.
You have two options here-either you can opt for a chauffeured service or rent a vehicle. Each of these comes with its pros and cons. Here we take a look at what these are so you can plan the transportation for your trip in a more informed way:
Renting a Vehicle- The Pros
- Convenience– There are a large number of rental car companies in Las Vegas, and this makes it very convenient to find the right kind of vehicle.
- Cost-Effective- If you choose to rent a standard vehicle, you will pay a low overall price for it. Competition is high in the industry, and you can get some good deals.
- Test-Drive theVehicle-If you love driving and have been looking forward to purchasing a specific vehicle, you can rent that same model. It will give you a first-hand experience of how the car handles.
Renting a Vehicle- The Cons
- Insurance and Safety– The limited amount of polices and options is a significant disadvantage when it comes to renting a vehicle. If you are in an accident while driving the car, you might find yourself paying for the damages, out of pocket. You need to read the fine print while renting, to ensure you purchase the right policy for your trip.
- Navigation can be a problem– When you are driving in an unfamiliar area, you would have to rely on modern navigation systems and apps. GPS devices can be a distraction while getting from point A to point B, yet navigation can be a problem without them.
- You Pay Parking Fees- You will be responsible for the parking fees, which can become an added expense to your trip’s costs.
Hiring a Chauffeured Service
When you weigh all these cons against the pros of renting a vehicle, you may find that it isn’t worth the money you save. Here is a look at the key benefits and downsides of chauffeured services:
- Hiring a chauffeured service can help you avoid all the cons of renting a vehicle.
- You don’t need to worry about constantly checking the GPS and will be less stressed as well. Drivers’ fatigue is a real thing, and this is something you don’t want to deal with when you are on vacation or even a more extended business trip. The chauffeur will drive you wherever you need to go, and that leaves you free to converse with your fellow-passengers. If you are on a business trip alone, you can use the travel time to check emails, make calls, etc. All of this doesn’t become possible if you are driving yourself around.
- Most credible chauffeured services have excellent insurance coverage. You will never have to worry about paying for any damages to the vehicle as it won’t be you at the wheel.
- The chauffeur will be well-versed with the geography of the area and will make sure they get you to your destination in time.
- While it’s true that you pay more for a chauffeured service, the advantages are well worth the additional added costs.
Regardless of how you look at it, hiring a chauffeured service has many distinct benefits over renting a vehicle on your trip to Las Vegas. Look for a company that has experience and a proven track record in the industry, so you get the kind of vehicle and services you need.